Friday, June 27, 2008

Honey... I'm Home!!!

LOL. Well my family was excited for me to come home. Apparently there was no honey waiting for me at the airport. Maybe next time. We will see if the mail order comes through. ;^)


To my joy I got to hold Annika when I got home. After telling Alisha all the shots and pills I had to get to go to Africa she said that I was not holding Annika until I had been home for months and been checked out by the doctor's. BUT on our way home from the airport we stopped by Alisha's and I got to hold Annika! YAY! (I guess she got the "OK" from Annika's doctor... thank you!) The next day she came to the house and I got to play with her! I put one of my head wrap's on her and oh she looked so cute. In the pictures she nearly had pulled it off but it still looks so cute right!? Me & her always have so much fun together. I don't even question why I am her favorite aunt! ha ha. I had to leave her to go to the doctor and the big news is that he wanted to do surgery... tomorrow. Ugh. I think we are going to get a second opinion! I guess that there are more problems with my leg/foot than they saw in Uganda so this is just the beginning!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Awesome!!! I can tell you still got that NSYNC bug!! You look like you are doing well. "Neka", as you like to call her, looks like she would fit right in in Africa! I love those head wraps, they are way cute! I hope you a feeling good! I can tell you are getting board because your blog is looking really cute and you are on Facebook often. I will need to be stoping by sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it home. I was worried about that leg of yours and am not surprised about the surgery part. You'll want to get it fixed though ASAP so you encounter less problems down the road. You also need to get it healed because I need to see you this summer. We leave for Utah in 6 days!!! I can't wait (and neither can the kids)!

The Crookstons said...

Well Jen I am glad that you are home. I am sorry that you have to get surgery though, right in the middle of summer!! Annika is way cute, and getting so big.

Randon said...

Jen, I can tell you have WAY too much time on your hands. Your blog has greatly improved! I am so sorry about your leg/foot but I'm glad you are doing better and that they Lord is making you take a break. You always seem to be going...going...going. Well take care of yourself and I can't wait to see tomorrow's update on your blog.

LKC

Alisha LeBaron said...

The pictures are so cute. I am definitely going to need a copy of them.. Well we are sure glad that you are home.. Sorry you are board sitting at home. But it will get better i'm sure of it.

Garity said...

So cute!
I'm caught up on your blog now, amazing experience! I just teared up seeing those kids! You need to come do the same thing in Mexico and visit us while you are at it. BTW, I noticed us on your links on the right...it's just Line not Lines but everyone seems to want to add an 's'. My mom still adds an 's' and Kris and I have been married for almost 10 years! I'm mean to her about it though.