Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Awe... the little ones!

Ever since I was young I always wanted to adopt kids from Africa. So imagine me being in my dream country with all of these BEAUTIFUL kids. It was hard not to bring them home with me. Really there were probably 10 I would have in an instant. But if one would have been offered to me. I would have accepted no questions in a heartbeat. What kept me not was my dad reminded me before I left that I couldn't he said I didn't have papers. So I had to keep reminding myself of that! Ugh! Above: SO CUTE!!! I was tickling their arms with my nails and all the sudden all the kids that were sitting around me stuck their arms on my laps. The cutest is after this I would be sitting with them and all the sudden one of them was tickling my arm. This continued for the rest of the trip. I loved it!
Above: Me and cute Joseph after reading multiple books. I think he was willing to skip lunch to read with me in the staff room. Two privledges they don't often get.




Above: Sitting and singing and talking... ALL AFTERNOON!




Above: Just hanging out under the shade trees. Being together.

Above: Isn't this the best picture ever!? It's after they signed my cast. They stood back for a picture and I just think it is one of my favorite. Oh! So many of my favorites!


Above: LOL. He was always doing what we were doing so here I winked at him and this is his wink back! SO CUTE huh!?
Above: They were sitting with me under the tree as I elevated my leg. Can you tell me - which are boys & which are girls?

Above: See my foot?! I told them all to back up so I could get a picture of them! These were my friends who liked to just be around me!
Above: OH! ANDREW!!!!! I would bring him home with a snap of my fingers if I could. He is the one that my second day back at the orphanage I had my cast and he had fallen on a rock and split his cheek/eye so I fixed him up. After that we were nearly inseperable. He loved to read and by golly, I loved to read to him. Perfect pair. I loved that he was in his coat in the middle of summer. He is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so CUTE!

Above: More of the precious kids at the school whom I love SO MUCH!

2 comments:

The Crookstons said...

I love all the pictures. You would have so many cute kids if you could bring all the ones that you want home with you.

Jackie Norris said...

Wow, looks like you had an amazing time! I'm so jealous! It would be hard to leave all those beautiful kids. Who knows, maybe one day you can have one! ;0)