Friday, June 13, 2008

I can be a mom!




There is this little boy named Kezimbira that I would gladly adopt in a second. He waits for me every day and always wants to be right by me doing things with me. He is 9 and completely adorable. The other day we were writing notes to each other because he wanted to study English with me so I would have him write me things like 4 sentences on why he is a good friend. Soon it turned into notes back and forth. This is what he wrote to me:


Jen is a good mom she has his friend is Kezimbira is a good boy and Kezimbira likes jen ever I am happy to see you jen and like you jen is a good mom i like her very very has you know.


that is the story of jey like you.


Isn't that adorable!? I absolutely loved it! It is so hard for me to not play with the kids as I wish that I could but I guess that what I am doing is making a difference too. The other day a few of us stayed back at the hotel - my leg was killing and a couple others missed the taxi and when the rest of the team returned they all mentioned at separate times how the kids all asked, "Where's Jen?! Where's Jen!?" I was so happy! The next day we drove up and I was sitting by the window (in the same seat I always sit in so my foot can be elevated on the drive) and the kids saw me and all started yelling, "Jen! Jen!" Oh I don't think that anything else could have been so wonderful!

4 comments:

Jackie Norris said...

Yey! You have a blog! I'm sorry to hear you have a broken leg! But, it looks like you are having a great time. Keep us updated!

Jenn said...

Jen! I am soooo jealous of you!!

Ashley said...

Jenn! A broken leg?! What were you thinking? Are you ok? Any thing I can do to help? I miss ya! I am jealous of you, too. At least one of us is living our dreams! I can tell you are in your element! You make a wonderful mom to those kids, I know it. Please stay safe over there, I need my friend to come back in one piece! Good to hear from you! Ash

redpepperchiligirl said...

hey jen

poor you! i had no idea you'd broken your leg. you know sam had a broken leg also :(. glad you're home - what is your next move?

thinking of you,

jodie, howard, emma, ben & sam