Friday, June 13, 2008

Awe... Cute!




We had a pretty long drive from the village to the city. 3 1/2 to 4 hours one way. So we left around 6 am and spent the day in the city and then arrived home around 8:30 pm. On our way home I was trying to catch the beautiful Africa horizon. We decided to snap some photo's of us and the teachers who rode with us. We decided to make "funny faces." They are happy enough to have a picture of them and then look at it so making faces in a picture was a new thing. They laughed and laughed each time they looked at the photo's right after we would take it. But the cutest comment came as we were arriving in Masaka. I turned around to talk to Joseph and he looked at me very confused. I said, "What!?" He said, "Can you see me?" I laughed and said, "Yes Joseph, why wouldn't I be able to see you?" He said, "Because it is dark outside and I am black."



Cute Joseph. That was the comment of the day! He was so serious and so innocent. I loved it. I told him that I could see him. This was the question for him... can you see a white person in the day? ;^)

1 comment:

becky rigby said...

I laughed my butt off when I read this. But the answer is... it depends. If it were Kim, you would not be able to see her because she is practically florescent.