Saturday, July 5, 2008

Surgery & Bed Rest



This is me right after surgery. I look good right!?



Well all I can do is lay on my back with my foot elevated. FOR TWO WEEKS!!!! After that I still can't walk for 4. That on top of the time I spend in Africa not walking will add up to a total of 10 weeks! Oooiii! Honesly, this is the hardest thing I have ever done. I just want to get up and go. Somewhere. I have watched multiple movies, slept a TON, and tried to do just what the doctor ordered. After a month of not walking in Africa I came home and went to the American doctor. He wanted to do surgery the next day. I guess there were more problems than they caught in Uganda. We went for a second opinion and that doctor was just as adament. As soon as he saw the X-Rays he said, "You need surgery and you need it like now." Ugh! So I guess that the fibula is still just as broken but now there are added problems that the doctors in Uganda didn't catch and the ankle is all messed up too. So now the surgery is over I have metal permanently inserted into my body. I want to do just what the doctor says so that I can be up and moving AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
***Also I have to say THANK YOU to all my friends who have stopped by to keep me company while I have been healing! You're all so wonderful and I have appreciated it SO MUCH!!! It's nice to get a break and to enjoy seeing people and having a conversation! THANK YOU!!!!


4 comments:

Alisha LeBaron said...

All of those pictures look so good! I have to say that I am not jealous of your leg, but now we can be metal in our body buddies! Well we hope you get better soon!
Love ya!

Randon said...

Hey Jen! Welcome to the metal in your body club! I prefer two screws and a titanium strip at the top of my spine, but whatever it takes, right? It is an exclusive club, that is for sure.
~Randon

Ashley said...

Jenn, you make surgery look fun and easy! I hope you get feeling better soon!

Garity said...

Oh my gosh Jen! If I were close I would totally come over and hang out!