Thursday, July 24, 2008

Uncle Brett, the Rodeo, and BONES!!


A fourth-generation cattleman, Bret Reeder has had a Wild West mustache ever since he grew enough whiskers to create one. Careful grooming, done daily, turns stray stands into a curiosity that the grandkids love to grab. “If you sleep on it, it’s kind of a bad hair day,” Reeder says. “I re-wax it every morning.” In addition to running cattle on the family spread in Utah, he shoes horses, works as a pickup man at rodeos, and maintains the county’s cattle guards on rural roads. Making ends meet “takes quite a few jobs,” he says.

My uncle Brett is a cowboy model. That was a description under his picture in the national geographic. It is a great picture but I couldn't get it to copy onto my blog. There is a link but it takes you to all the pictures. Shoot. Well...

I went to the 24th of July Rodeo with my family. My uncle Brett was a pick-up man. It was SO FUN to watch him. I love rodeo's and I love riding horses. It was so nice to get out and be there. My parents created a spot for me to lay down with my foot up in the van during travel and my aunt got us seats where I would be able to have my foot elevated. lol. What a great family I have right!? My foot was hurting the majortiy of the time but the rodeo was a BLAST!!!! Here's a story from the evening...

Near the beginning there was a guy walking up the stairs and I was watching him thinking, "That guy looks like he could be on TV." So I said to Alli, "Alli! Look at that guy! He looks like he could be on TV huh!?" He was just that good looking. We were both just watching him walk up the stairs and when he got to our special seats he looked at us and totally caught us staring. Haha. Oh well. He went back down the stairs later and I pointed him out again, "Alli, watch him again. Just look at him. He kinda looks like Nick Lachey right!?" So we watched him again. A little while later (I think he has ADD) he got up again. This time part way up the stairs a girl stopped him and got her picture with him. I was like, "Alli! I think he really is on TV!! ASK HIM!!!!" We debated as he walked past us of who would as him if he was on TV. I won and she asked. (I looked hideous taking a break from bed rest. Yuck! He did not want to talk to me!) Anyways, he came back and he sat down right by us. Yea-ah! The seat right next to mine. Whoop, whoop. I elbowed Alli and she said, "Excuse me. You look really familiar." He said, "Ya..." and they just sat there nodding to each other. So I said, "Ask him if he is on TV." So she said, "Are you on TV!?" He was like, "Ya..." Then they again just nodded at each other. I said, "Ask him what show." So she said, "What show are you on!?" He said, "Bones." We said, "Oh." and then everyone nodded at each other. I had no idea what Bones was since I haven't watched TV in who knows how long. He moved because some people had to get past to get to their seats and he stood behind me so I chatted with him a little more and then Alli & I got our pictures with him.
He was way nice. We came home and looked up Bones and him online and he is much cuter in real life. There was this old lady sittin in front of us getting ready to retire with her husband and after he walked off and was going down the stairs after talking to us she turned around and said, "He has a nice body!" I was like, "Um-yep!"

I just thought it was funny that as soon as I saw him I was like, "That guy could be on TV." And then he really was. What are the chances?! In good ol' SL!

Meet David Boreanaz -----------------------------------------

We were posing with the broken foot. He was actually getting into the making faces things. I was going, "Uh-oh." And he was going, "Oooiiii." LOL. It was a great topic of conversation.

8 comments:

Ann Marie Wallace said...

What a great adventure! I love rodeos too, so I would have been doubly happy, like you, to have seen a T.V. star along with Bareback, Tie-Down, Team Roping and all the rest. :)

Ann Marie Wallace said...

Jen- you are the best! Top of Utah Half on August 23rd and Top of Utah Marathon on September 20th. Seeing any of my friends or family on those days while trying to run that far, would probably make me want to cry! Where are you at right now on bed rest?

Adam and Aubrey said...

Wow. Did you ask if you could lick his arms? I would've.

I love that uncle of yours. I saw him at Alisha's wedding. Wasn't he the one that asked to meet Brian before the ceremony?

The Crookstons said...

You are so lucky to have got to meet him. I watch that show every week.

Alisha LeBaron said...

I am so glad that you got to meet him, so since your little experience I have seen him on tv like 3 times! You always get to meet famous people, do you remember that time that you got your picture taken with joey? You are so lucky!

Ron Smith said...

Jen...You and I are related. Brett is my first cousin, Dawn is my uncle. What a wonderful experience (aside from the broken leg!). Why in Africa?

Ron

Jen Jarrett said...

Ron, I tried to find your e-mail but couldn't so I hope you find this! :^) In answer to your wuestion... I always dreamed of going to Africa and volunteering in an orphanage (I don't know why Africa and why an orphanage - it has just always interested me). So I researched a group that was going and learned that I would be able to go to! It was an amazing experience! I loved it! Very humbling. I will have to tell my family that you found my blog - I am sure everyone will be very excited! Does your family have a blog?

Mandy said...

I work with a girl who LOVES Bones and watches it faithfully every week so I told her your story and she says she's so jealous!