Tuesday, July 29, 2008

If I were African... For my friends in Uganda

These pictures are for all my friends in Uganda who wanted me to try my dress on for them there... I finally put it on!


If I were African, this is what I would look like... Except maybe I would be a little darker. ;^) I was trying to get the outfit NOT the crutches in the picture. Did it work!?

This is what I do when I am supposed to be on bed rest. LOL. I was asked to do a fireside when I was in Africa and I had to push it back after I broke my leg and found out I had bed rest and then when bed rest got extended even longer we couldn't push it back any further. So I did a fireside with my foot up the entire time, NOT MOVING! Lame. Oh well. I think it went pretty well. I decided to dress up in my outfit from Uganda because if I was getting off the couch/bed I was making it worthwhile! ;^)


Jordan was three feet away ready to catch me if I fell. This is what I would really look like! Fun right!?

7 comments:

Ann Marie Wallace said...

I love your dress!!! You look just like one of them :) What an incredible experience that must have been.

becky rigby said...

This dress is seriously awesome. I love it. I'm not sure what's going on, on the top of your head but the dress is fantastic! I love you.

Lorna said...

You look so good, Jen! I can't believe you already did the fireside! I wish I could've heard it, especially cuz I am supposed to do something of that sort in about 3 days and have NO IDEA what I am going to say.

Simply Be Photo/Melissa said...

JEN! HI!! I linked through to you from ashley's blog. What are you up to? It looks like your having lots of fun, going everywhere. P.S. I think I like Blonde best. ;)

Ashley said...

I like it ! I think you should wear it to church!

Joni said...

These pictures are great! I am glad that you are doing so well. You are so cute! I am glad that you found me! Now I get to bug you with my great comments.

Sally's Stories` said...

I love your outfit! The Somali dress I modeled was quite different. And The head wrap is cool. Kind of reminds me of the Flying Nun (a tv show from many years ago) I didnt realize you were still on crutches! What an ordeal for you. How did the fireside go? I'm Lorna's mom