Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm an Intern!!!!!

Things have fallen into place and I have been so blessed to be able to get an internship position with a travel magazine!!! I am so excited. My friend Nolan and I were sitting in class going through his e-mail (making good use of our time) and he had gotten e-mails regarding internships for the journalism major. He asked if I wanted any and I was like, "Nah.." because most of them were out of Logan and I still have to finish up one more semester. Well we saw one needing an editor for a travel magazine here in Logan, UT!!! I was like, "Why don't you send me that one?!" I forgot about it and a couple weeks later (last week) e-mailed the guy and asked if the position was still available. He said he asked me to send him some a cover letter, resume, and two articles I had written. Then he responded asking me if I was available for an interview on Saturday. (You betcha!) So I was the first interview of the day, and very nervous. I went after the homecoming parade and that morning had woken up with a migraine coming on that reached it's high point during the interview. But, I did think that the interview went really good; however, he did act concerned that A) I wasn't a journalism major and he didn't know how this would benefit me and B) that I was graduating in one semester and didn't know where I would be. Well editing and designing layout fits perfectly into the technical writing major (let's be honest, like everything fits into our major if it has to do with words) and so he contacted me yesterday asked me to look into getting credits for the internship and today told me I got the position. So soon my name will appear in a magazine under the words, "Editor"!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!! I am so excited. I feel like it is such a blessing and that everything worked out so perfectly. Yay! I am so happy!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations! You'll be super extra happy you did that and so will Kelli!

Angie said...

Congrats Jen - What a great opportunity! When do you start?

Adam and Aubrey said...

wut woo! What mag? I'm totally subscribing! At least while you are an editor! Hmmmmm, how amazing. . . !

becky rigby said...

Jen, that is so exciting! But I assumed if you interviewed of course you would get it. Just show them some of that J-charm, that has gotten you this far in life. I miss your face chica.

Carly said...

Jen! That's fabulous. It's so true-anything that has to do with words relates to our major. Good thing we've learned so much in Shook and Hailey's classes this semester. . . I'm sure all our pointless projects will really help you out as an intern :)

Alisha LeBaron said...

Way to go Jen! You are going to do so great!

mkm said...

Oh man! He would HATE me because I graduate in one month and don't know where I would be!
I know I already told you five hundred times today but I'm really excited for you!

The Kippen House said...

Sounds like fun! Hey, was that a Ross Fotheringham I saw in an earlier post? Isn't he still supposed to be like 14 years old? Wow, we really grew up, didn't we? I'm so glad you're doing so great!

Simply Be Photo/Melissa said...

go jen! that's exciting news! i'm happy for yah!

Michael, Brandy, Sophie and Jaxton said...

Hey Jen, How have you been?

Ashley said...

We are so excited for you! Let me know what the magazine is called so I can run out and buy some!