Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thanks to American Airlines

Because of your engine problems and flight delay I got to fly with Kjersten and Amanda to Mexico instead of meeting them there :)

Cozumel... Here we come!



I felt kind of bad. Kjersten and Amanda were supposed to fly from DC to Dallas to Cancun on American Airlines. I was flying from UT to Atlanta to Cancun and was going to meet them there. Well I had like a 5 hour layover in Atlanta and as I was waiting to board I sat in this little area with nobody around. All of the sudden someone came and sat down right next to me. I look over to give them the look of "Seriously? The whole place is empty and you sit here?" Well I look over and see all this curly red hair... it was Kjersten! I didn't know what to do so I just sat there stunned. (While Amanda recorded.) Turns out their flight from DC had engine problems and was going to be delayed like an hour which would cause them to miss their flight to Cancun. They had the option of switching to my flight and jumped on it. They didn't tell me and decided to surprise me. They were SO EXCITED to surprise me. And all I could do was sit there stunned. Not the reaction they were looking for. But inside, I was thrilled. The flight wasn't full so Kj got to come back and sit by me. It was so fabulous. A perfect start to our vacation (even if they got a crappy video of me being surprised... oops).

1 comment:

Adam and Aubrey said...

Your life rocks. Annnnd that's way fun to have your friends flying with you! Can't wait for pictures!