Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cozumel Iguana's

We stayed at the Villa Aldora. It was a beautiful and perfect.











Trying to figure out the color sampler on the camera...


Kjerst was a good sport and woke up from her nap to help me...



Then Miss Amanda joined in too!


I went on a walk mid afternoon and met a TON of iguana's. They don't look big but they were. They were very creepy. Their heads would move when I walked by them and I could see their eyes following me as if they were planning an attach. I swear I have never seen reptiles this big before except in the zoo!

This was the first iguana I saw. It was laying out in the middle of the road. I didn't see it until it starting running across the road and perched on the wall. (Do Iguana's perch?) I liked how it almost looks like it is enjoying the scenery as much as me ;) lol.

Okay... double click on this next picture and make it as big as you can.
First, check out that things toenails... CREEPY!
Next, look at it's eye. It was following me. Tell me it's not the scariest "I'm gonna get you" look of all time!

Watch how this one's head moves as I walk past it...
It spots me:

It was almost creepier since its tail had been cut off. Ugh.


Just wanna make sure you see how long & ugly the tail's are.

Ugh. Just looking at these pictures make me shiver.



Thankfully I did see some pretty things along the walk too. It made it nice.

Just to be clear... This was on the first day. I did not take a walk again and I did not see any more iguana's. I preferred to spend my time iguana free on the beaches and in the ocean water.

5 comments:

The Crookstons said...

Those are way creepy!!! That resort looks so nice! I am so jealous that you got to go. Hope to see you soon.

Steph said...

Hi Jen, how are you? I'm so jealous!!! I love Cozumel. Love you tons and have lots of fun! :-)

Mandy said...

Those are pretty creepy. I agree with the other two...I'm jealous! Looks like a blast!

Alisha LeBaron said...

I don't think I would like to see those in real life!

Kellee Cachoo said...

I must go here. It looks incredible.