Friday, November 9, 2012

Our Father Daughter Dance

I am working on a photo book for Mike and I and have been going through all of our wedding photos. When I look at all of the details of the wedding reception I think, "Holy crap my mom went to a lot of work!" She did soooo much and had thought about every detail. I told her what I wanted and she just made it happen. We had lots of vendors to coordinate and plan with and I know that planning everything became more of a family effort and everyone pitched in and helped, so I am grateful for my entire family, but I know it was her vision which made it complete. I have the best mom ever.

I have the best dad ever too. (How lucky am I to score two of the best parents EVER!?) He does anything and everything for all of us. He is so patient, so kind, and so willing. I really wanted to do a breakout Father Daughter Dance (still waiting and excited to get the footage back from our videographer) but in addition to doing the dance with me - my family planned a flash mob dance. So my dad had to learn two complete dances for my reception night, and he kept it all a secret. He was so wiling and so happy the entire time even though deep down I am sure it must have been overwhelming. What a stud. He pulled it off like one of Katy Perry's back-up dancers and now I have the best, most unforgettable moments ever of my dad and my family dancing at my wedding reception for me.
We started together
*N SYNC "Here We Go"
I may not remember all of the songs we danced to, but I will always remember my dad doing the "Stanky Leg".
"Big Butts"
"Tik Tok"
And we ended together
I guess I should also mention that I was very impressed with our DJ's. I told them what I had in mind, the songs that I wanted, and they put it all together over night. They were fabulous to work with.

4 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

I love your dad.

I would love to see a video!!

Chelsey said...

How fun! And how cool of your family to plan that flash mob! I remember you loving N*Sync even from like middle school and I don't even know why lol. You looked beautiful!

Rowlands said...

you're hilarious and your family is fantastic!
I need to learn so much about blogging from yoU! like how you post those links to peoples blogs and (i think i already have an idea) of how you create labels.
??

123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.