Saturday, November 10, 2012

Best.Family.Ever

Seriously.

How many families would contact someone to help them plan a family flash mob for a reception?

My family would.

They in fact did just that for Mike & I.

Done to the one and the only *NSYNC - Bye Bye Bye.

It was epic.

So the DJ kinda messed up. Just a little bit. But it turns out he was getting a lot of hidden requests.

One for the secret breakout Father Daughter Dance
One for the secret flash mob Family Dance
and One for a secret 'making a music video' Friend Dance/Tribute - yet to come.

My family had planned a flash mob. They wanted the DJ to just start playing the song and suddenly they would all be out on the dance floor doing this awesome dance.

Instead, after Mike and I finished dancing he announced, "and now we have a special family number..."

I was like, "What? No! Who told him that? No we don't. We don't have anything planned. Shoot, what's going on?"

He starts playing, "Bye Bye Bye" and my family begins walking to the dance floor.

I was shocked. I was surprised. It was pretty much a flash mob to me. I loved it. LOVED it.

Still waiting to get the video back from our video guy - but I do smile every time I see these photos and think of the beyond fabulous dance they put on for me.
P.S. Brian mentioned to me that I should pay especially close attention to him in the back row because everyone else was obviously doing the wrong moves when he was doing the right ones ;) I thought they were all very in unison but if you want to pay special attention to him ;).
Dang excited for this video! Thanks for the best wedding gift ever!

5 comments:

Lorna said...

I know! I still cry about it! So cool!

Adams family :) said...

bah hahah that is soo awesome! You have to post the video when you get it! I promise I haven't forgot to send you that picure! ;)

Bug*Blake*London said...

This is SO CUTE. What a great family.

Jen said...

Your reception was so fun, and your family's dance routine was an awesome highlight!

Unknown said...

ally looks gorgeous!