Friday, October 2, 2009

BTE Concert Report

I absolutely love Better Than Ezra. The post could end there but I will tell you about our evening with the band (ahhhhhh!)!!!! It was so much fun!!!! Yesterday (the day of the concert) happened to be the lead singer, Kevin's, birthday! So our meet and greet was a birthday party complete with cake! ;^) It was an awesome little gathering. There were less than 20 people there and some of them were workers who came with the band, so they didn't care to talk to them, so we got a lot of time with them.
The first guy I met was Tom. The one that I think looks like Chris Kirkpatrick. He was standing all by himself for a while eating birthday cake so I decided, now is as good of time as any. So I went and talked to him (yeah!), had him sign some photo's and then... ASHLEY YOU ARE A GENIOUS FOR TELLING ME TO DO THIS.... I got to give him a kiss!!!! LoL. It was so much fun though. He was so nice and I absolutely loved loved loved loved loved that time.
Next I met Kevin (the lead singer and most handsome of all the band in real life). He was very chill. I actually think I was the first "fan" to talk to him. When they walked in we all surprised him by singing happy birthday and then they cut the cake and passed it around. He was first to get a piece and then he headed over by us. So I got to personally (and foremost) say, "Happy Birthday Kevin." hahaha. It's the little things in life that make it grand right?
Next I met the drummer, Michael. He was so nice too. All the guys were very complimenting and wanted to talk to me and say nice things to me just about as much as I wanted to say nice things to them and compliment them on their music. (Although i never like to be a obsessed fan so I played it cool.)
For the first part of the concert we were probably 3 rows of people back and off to the side. But by the end we managed to weasel our way to the second row which was awesome. The venue was very small and we got to stand right next to the stage, and they were only like one foot away from the edge so we were very close! Especially when they would walk to the edge! SO AWESOME!!!! I swear some of their sweat dripped on me (sigh. i will never wash these clothes again) just kidding.

In the middle of the concert Kevin invited Howie Day on stage to play and sing. It was fun watching Howie play along side Better Than Ezra and seeing the guys laugh together. He was an awesome singer and fun surprise. Kevin said that he wrote Howie a letter through his fan club and asked him to come play on his birthday with them in UT and that Howie's appearance fulfilled his birthday dreams. LoL. I wish I would have video taped Kevin throughout the evening. He is a really funny guy; it's the way he says things and the way he acts, too great!I think that kiss that I gave Tom really paid off in the end because he was posing for me all night long so I could take photo's of him and he threw three guitar chips to me! The first one fell to the floor because I wasn't paying attention, the second bounced off my hand and back onto the stage and some other girl snatched it up, and the third he actually just placed in my hand! LoL. But I got it!!!!
It was a really really really fun night. I felt like a teenager again being all boy band struck. But being at the concert wouldn't have been nearly as fun as it was if I hadn't been with Mike. He really made it such an enjoyable evening. He is so sweet and it always amazes me how caring he is and how willing he is to always put others before himself. It was fun doing something that we both enjoy and having an evening together!I took 1144 pictures at the concert but here are just a few... I haven't found my favorites yet so these are just a couple random ones. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Mike said...

Baby. First one to post post on your blog. That was a very fun night. Too bad it wasn't me you kissed. My cheek would have been way better

Carly said...

you took 1144 pictures?! oh jen. that is why i love you.

The Kippen House said...

Look at you kissing famous people! Wa-hoo!!! I never thought anyone would compare with NSYNC!

Heather K. said...

That's awesome you got to meet the band! I love all your posts! You go on a lot of cool vacations. Jealous! I'm glad you found me on FB so we can keep in contact because it really has been a long time!

4Stones said...

See sometimes I do have good suggestions! Like kissing him...-Ashley