Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 20 - Ride to Iganga

Today a group of us traveled to Iganga. It took 4 hours, oooiii, I was so sick while we were traveling, my head was killing me. I took 7 different pills to try to feel better, and everyone knows how much I DO NOT like taking pills – so that was big. I was sick and the van was full of people and luggage, not a comfortable ride but oh well, we made it. I think my head hurt because of the lack of sleep we got last night. Our hotel was by a Pentacostal Church and they have all night worship services. I believe they start at 9. People in our group were asking if they were fighting because that’s what the service sounded like…

Here in Iganga we are visiting an orphanage – performing eye tests, having a women’s conference (teaching about women’s health issues and answering questions), starting a women in business group (helping them learn how to make money), and… PLAYING WITH THE KIDS!!!!! I am very excited! Iganga seems less rural than Masaka and our hotel is more ghetto. It’s kinda gross for someone who doesn’t like germs.

I helped make ‘pads’ for feminine hygiene kits to hand out tomorrow to the women. I am really excited for tomorrow; I am happy to be here and can’t wait to see the orphanage tomorrow!

No comments: