Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 18 - Byana Mary Hill Mud Fight

Today we arrived at the school and the children were emptying the fish pond so that EWB members could clean it out and create a more thriving fish pond. It was pretty much a process that lasted ALL DAY long! Here are some highlights of the day though…

- Having the older girls take me around the whole school yard to show me every type of beautiful flower imaginable

- Recording the kids singing and dancing to make a CD

- Reading with the kids

- Handing out Article of Faith cards to each one (Thanks mom)

AND… fishing with the boys in the pond. It was very nasty and slimy and gross but I got in the pond and caught fish with my bare hands! Whoa! Got into a mud fight, got COVERED with slimy clay all over my body, my pants came off they weighed so much and the kids & sisters loved every minute! It was a fun playful day! (Oh and Sister Rose let me use the nun’s shower afterwards because I was so nasty – that was an experience… After showering I didn’t have any spare clothes but I had taken some airplane blankets to donate and I made a dress for myself out of them. LOL. It look “artistic” as they told me.) I hauled corn with the kids and talked with the girls and boys… yet another – AMAZING DAY IN AFRICA!!!!!

No comments: