Friday, January 11, 2013

Neon Trees Article

Remember when Mike & I went to the Neon Trees Concert while they were in Utah? I have loved them more than ever since then and more recently have been following them on Instagram. Just last week I was telling Mike the other day how impressed I am that they still live the LDS Standards and you can see that they attend church while on the road. Very impressive. Great music, high standards, holding to their beliefs.

Just today, Mike just sent me this article focusing on the lead singer Tyler Glenn. It's actually all centered around his mission.

"Ten years ago, when I was 19 years old, I began serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (or what everyone calls the Mormons)... I really loved those two years. I cherish the things I learned and the people I met. I am the person I am today because of it."

"Rock music was what made me spiritual. It’s what made me passionate. Excited. Fevered, if you will. I was in a duo (at the time) called Neon Trees, and it was such an outlet for me. The summer before I left on my mission, I had a spiritual awakening..."

Very cool. I wanted to share it because I think it's a good, short read:

Friday Fives: Tyler Glenn of Neon Trees picks his favorite AP-approved albums

Way to go Neon Trees! I'm excited to hear what they come out with in the future and excited to read more about how their music and their beliefs come together.

1 comment:

The Crookstons said...

I did not know that about them, that is really cool!!