Monday, January 28, 2013

Ice Fishing at Strawberry

Mike and I got to wake up super early on Saturday morning and head to Strawberry Reservoir to go ice fishing with his dad. I don't know what was so special about this particular weekend but there were TONS of people out ice fishing. We drove up Provo Canyon and on our way to Strawberry we passed Deer Creek Reservoir - there were tons of ice fishers there too. My coworker had gone up to Bear Lake to participate in some Bear Lake Ice Fishing celebration thing... just lots of ice fishing going on this weekend.
It was my first time ice fishing and I was really excited about it. It was fun, but it got REALLY cold.
Mike and I didn't catch any fish and somehow Kelsey caught seven! LUCKY! It was probably his location. I am sure that ten feet makes all the difference in ice fishing.
 It was really pretty and I am looking forward to our next trip. I have a feeling I will be catching a lot.
Afterwards we introduced Kelsey & Sherry to the Pizza Factory (most importantly - breadtwists) and then ran errands the rest of the night at the University Mall. :)

1 comment:

Julie and Nate said...

Brr!! I'm freezing just looking at your pics! Glad you had fun though... oh and I'm glad I can see your blog again. For a while it wouldn't let me. Let me know next time you're in Logan so we can hang out. ;)