Tuesday, December 13, 2011

NY, NY

I went to NY and I just want to plaster my blog with photos. That's normally why I break up trips into multiple posts - so I can add more photos - but from all the blogs I read, most people do trips in one post. So I will see what happens. When I feel like this post is getting too long, I will stop and finish with another one.

I love putting every detail and every picture in my blog though because it makes it SO MUCH easier when the time comes to make a photo book (which that time does come three or four times a year).

Anyway, I went to NY with Mike, Kjersten, Amanda, Shara, Angela, Todd, Rusty, and Mike Layton. That's 9 people total. AND... we all stayed in one studio apartment. Can you imagine? We can hardly imagine it either yet we lived it for a whole week. LoL.

Mike and I arrived on Tuesday along with Kjersten, Amanda and Shara.
Tuesday we hung out in Times Square. We ate at the Olive Garden right in Times Square, watched a photo shoot and went shopping. One thing I came to appreciate about NYC is that there are more employees than there are shoppers. In every store we went into, this was the case. If more stores were like this, customer satisfaction would be coming out of the roof tops. It really was nice because when we had a question, there was a one second pause before we could get an answer. :0)





We went to the Disney Store and I loved it. The castle was almost as great as the one at Disneyland ;0) It was pretty fancy with a huge chandelier - and all for the kids!




We went to see the Addams Family with Brooke Shields (if you know who that is). She did excellent and everyone did! It was a fun story about Wednesday dating someone and being ready to get married. Of course they through in some sibling rivalry as well and some funny family moments, like not realizing that "Grandma" is just a random person who came to stay with them. I really liked some of their songs and it was a great lighthearted show.




Afterwards we went to Mike's toy store. the Apple Store. It was pretty fancy and as much as I try not to care too much about Apple, I am impressed with the things that they do. The store is completely underground and the way that you enter is by a glass box. You can either ride the elevator down or take the spiral staircase, but it is pretty amazing to look at. From the store you can look up and see all of the buildings outside or the just the night sky. I think it would be fun to be in the store during a snowfall and just see all the snowflakes coming down but being warm inside :0)






Living in NY as a nanny and all of the other times I have been back visiting, I have never been to F.A.O. Schwarz. Can you believe it? Mike & I went and watched a Big Piano Recital and then played on it ourselves. Mike did some fancy moves and played a real song. I mainly jumped and slid all of it just to see the different lights light up :0)









At the end of the night we went to see the Christmas tree at the Rockefeller Center be lit. It was pure chaos. We had no idea where the tree was and there were people everywhere. We gave up and just went back to the apartment. The next day we went to see it and it turns out we were on the very corner to see the tree. Just four feet shy actually seeing around the building that was hiding it. Who knew! Too bad we didn't stay because it could have been epic - but oh well. We were there with all the people, we just missed the main event ;0)

Well, that was our first day and I think I did overload on the pictures, so I guess I will add some more in another post :0)

2 comments:

The Crookstons said...

Wow Jen, you are quite the traveler. I love your hair.

Mike said...

This was a fun trip. Thanks for going with me Babe.