Thursday, December 15, 2011

Empire State Building, NYC

Mike has never been to the top of the Empire State Building so while the other girls shopped and rested their feet, Mike & I traveled to the 83rd floor of the highest building in NY. If I ever go again, I think I will splurge and visit the 102nd floor. This time around Mike and I went on the Sky Ride over NY (not really worth it) and then went to the observation deck.




The Sky Ride is a simulator where your chairs move as you watch a movie and it is supposed to feel like you are really flying over NY. Kevin Bacon was the pilot which made it fun and I had never done it before, so it was an experience, but it wasn't really worth it. The movie and the effects were old so it was more like we were just watching an old movie of New York. I'm not sure how long the line was to get to the observation deck because since we purchased the sky ride, we didn't have to wait in line (bonus). There was a guy outside the Empire State Building who offered us the deal and then helped us by pass the line and purchase our tickets.

He told us the line was an hour and a half and that for $10 more we could go on a Sky Ride and by pass the line. We figured it was worth it. When we reached the counter he said, "Tips are appreciated."

Then we went to pay and it was $10 more than he told us. (LIAR!) So I wondered if the line was really as long. I also wondered how many other people tipped him to pay a higher price than he quoted.




Anyway, we made the most of our time up there. We were there for approximately 2 hours I am guessing. However, in those 2 hours we were able to see NYC during the daytime, at sunset and at night. It was pretty amazing and we loved taking in all the different parts of the city - the Brooklyn Bridge, the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, the Chrysler building and the Flatiron building.



It was really windy, as it normally is when you are up high, and I was wearing a dress. You can guess what happened and yes, it happened. My dress was pretty much all the way up. Thank goodness for slips but no thanks to the slits in the back of slips that pretty much go up to your butt and show everything anyway :0/ awkward.








These pictures help me remember that there are so many parts of NY I love.

Season's Greetings from the Empire State Building!

2 comments:

becky rigby said...

Holy cow, those pictures look amazing. I can't believe you took them. You look so cute in all of them I can't decide which is my favorite.

Sara said...

Lol sorry about your dress!! That's pretty funny though. :) the pictures you took were amazing! Thanks for sharing with us.