Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ice Skating in Central Park

I woke up with a nauseating headache on Friday so Mike & I decided to go find some caffeine to go with the meds while everyone else got ready for the day. After the headache started to go away we walked through Central Park on our way back to the apartment. It was so fun to see fall colors still out in December.








My friend Tabbi suggested that we visit Sarabeth's Kitchen. It was definitely worth the visit. Oh man, it was yummy! It started in 1981 and has become a popular place for brunch in NYC.




After brunch Kjersten, Mike and I went ice skating in Central Park at the Wollman Rink while everyone else went shopping. It was beautiful. I think I could have stayed there all day long. I loved ice skating and seeing the park as well as the sky scrapers in the background.




I love the horizon and the buildings behind Mike in this photo below.


NYC Skyscrapers



Central Park Tavern on the Green


Central Park Chess and Checkers House


the Metropolitan Museum of Art



As soon as we got to the Met we found a bench and just sat there. For as long as possible. It was so nice to get off of our feet for a little bit. It gave us enough energy to enjoy the rest of the night and to walk through the Met and enjoy the artwork and the beautiful building.



Afterwards we visited the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). We loved, loved, loved, loved it! It was so interesting and all of the artwork was so fun.




This piece is three frames of postcards labeled "I Got Up." The artist used stamps and ink and sent herself postcards everyday with the specific time that she got up that day. Interesting huh?

Uh... "Dress for Five Persons" by James Lee Byars. That's all the info I have on that one.

"Starry Night" by Vincent van Gogh. I loved seeing this in real life because I remembered seeing it in my school textbooks. History comes to life!

"Water Lilies" by Claude Monet.

Visiting the inspiration pub of "How I Met Your Mother."

Craig Thomas, co-creator of HIMYM, revealed in an interview with TV Guide (http://www.tvguide.com/news/craig-thomas-mother/071112-02) that MacLaren's is based on McGee's Pub on 55th and Broadway in Manhattan, not far from the Ed Sullivan Theater (where he and co-creator Carter Bays worked as writers for The Late Show With David Letterman). (Wikipedia)

We went there and the pub is literally right around the corner from the Ed Sullivan Theater.


The menu insert announcing upcoming events: Watching Season 7 of "How I Met Your Mother"


"How I Met Your Mother" is such a fun show! It was fun to see the place where all the inspiration came from. We had a blast visiting it and eating some dinner there.



"Challenge Accepted" hahahaha.

After dinner at McGee's we walked to Rockefeller Center to see their gigantic Christmas tree at night. It was very pretty and so much fun to enjoy the Christmas spirit and hang out with friends.


The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree this year was a Norway Spruce (usually is) from Mifflinville, PA and is 74 feet tall.




1 comment:

The Crookstons said...

I love seeing all your pictures!!! It looks like such a fun and pretty place.