Friday, August 12, 2011

TechMediaNetwork

Today was a day of change.
It's really weird.
It was my last day at TechMediaNetwork as a Technical Writer/Researcher/Reviewer for TopTenREVIEWS.

It is really strange. It's exciting, but sad. I have been working at TechMediaNetwork for almost a year and a half. So I have gotten pretty comfortable and grown to love everything about the job and the people I work with.

Monday I start working for Select Engineering Services (SES). I will be a Technical Writer contracted by the government to work on Hill Air Force Base. I really have no idea what I will be doing or if I will like it, but hopefully I will. I feel good about the position so I trust that I am making the right choice and that whatever happens from here on out is supposed to happen.

I have been really excited but I have been hesitant too. I work for a really great company and I am definitely going to miss the place and the people.




My coworkers started out the day a little before lunch and threw me a little party. We all took a break and went outside, ate some treats and visited. Sara even came (for the third day in a row) and brought Gavin!!!! I can't get enough of him! I loved visiting with everyone. All day long everyone just said the nicest things about how they were going to miss me. I will definitely miss all these amazing coworkers!

A group of my cube mates wanted to take me out to lunch today for a congratulatory lunch. I chose to go to Zupas. :0) We had so much fun and again - made me think about how much I am going to miss everyone.


I guess this is a new chapter in my book of life. :0) I am really excited.

As soon as my secret security application is approved - I will be more excited. Until then, I am sad to leave TechMediaNetwork - but thankful for the things I was able to learn and the great friends I was able to make.

:0( Farewell TechMediaNetwork.

(This picture was taken as I left the parking lot. LoL. How pathetic am I?!)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh dear jj! You will be greatly missed!! I hope you have so much fun at your new job but I know I will have a hard time wanting to visit and then go back to work cause you won't be there! We still need to keep in touch though- I'm so bad at it! I'm glad I moved over to content and we were able to become friends! Work won't be the same without you!! Love you!!!

Carly said...

that is very exciting and sad at the same time. look at you all professional :) you'll have to let me know how you like hill. my friend's mom is a technical writer there and quite enjoys it.