Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pajama Party

This year for Christmas Mike's family threw a pajama party. It was the first year they had done a Christmas pajama party and I thought it turned out amazing.

We met at Skyler & Catina's and exchanged pajamas. The highlight of the night was definitely Sherry getting adult footie pajamas from Alex. Everyone really liked their pajamas and it was fun to see how different they all were but how perfect they were for each person.

Whitney gave everyone a 14 day walk with Christ - which was perfect because there were 14 days until Christmas - and journals to write down our thoughts. The idea of the book is "The only way we can really know another person is to walk in his shoes, think what he thinks, learn what he knows, say what he would say, and do what he would do. Christ said 'be ye therefore perfect.' We can only accomplish this as we become like him." Every day has a scriptures and a thought about Christ's life. It has been a really fun daily activity to focus more on Christmas each day.

After changing into our pajamas we headed to Fat Cats for a little bowling and dinner.

We ate yummy Costa Vida food and then got our lanes and bowled for the next hour. Too bad my wrist starting hurting because then had to hold Tyrek while everyone else bowled :(
(*I guess let's be honest - I was sad that my wrist starting hurting because I only got to bowl 5 frames; however I wasn't that sad about holding Tyrek.)

I didn't take a ton of pictures because I had lost my battery charger (found it now) so my camera was brushing battery death the whole night. But I did manage to capture a few.
Mike & Skyler in their matching 'Superhero' pajamas

Me at Fat Cats with Tyrek

After Fat Cats we went back to take pictures in front of the tree and eat some Christmas treats. Here are a couple pics of Mike & I:

Mike & Tyrek

Sherry & Tyrek - I thought his pajamas were so cute with the characters on the feet

Thanks for the fun night and the enjoyable company!

No comments: