Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mormon Tabernacle Christmas

I was thinking I could take it or leave it.

I had never heard David Archuleta sing before let alone see him perform.

But my mom got tickets because she loves this sort of stuff. I thought it would be enjoyable so I agreed to go.

Boy - it was AMAZING!!!!! The Mormon Tabernacle Choir was superb. David Archuleta really is just the cutest thing ever. After every song he would just grin and act so giddy (and a little awkward!?) and seemed so happy to be there. Michael York was an awesome story teller...

Everything was just awesome - the dancers, the orchestra, the songs. I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it so much. I am glad that I had my family there with me. My dad and I talked to each other pretty much the whole time telling each other what we loved and what we were thinking and what we were noticing. I loved that. (Don't worry - nobody around us was disturbed.)

I told my mom on the way home, "I never knew what the big deal about David Archuleta was... but now that I have seen him perform..." before I could finish she said, "Your a groupie!" lol. We established that in an earlier post. However - he was just fantastic. I hope lots of people got to go. If not - you should definitely purchase the DVD next Christmas. I know I will. And even if you think it's not your thing (like I did) you may just be surprised.

Thanks for the invite and the good time mom!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I've become a brand new DA Groupie, too. :)
Glad you got tickets to the concert, and that you got IN! Over 100,000 people watched this years Christmas Concerts (either inside the Conference Center, or by LIVE Satellite feed piped into the Tabernacle and other Temple Square theaters). There were over 1.6 million ticket requests, so a lot of people were disappointed. But, luckily as you mentioned, there will be a CD and DVD next year!
Merry Christmas to you and your family! MoSop

Ashley said...

Such cute pictures! I love seeing pictures of you and your family!

Kellee Cachoo said...

Super fun and cute pics. I bet the concert was just blissful.