Monday, December 24, 2012

Doing December Daily 2012 part 1

Mike and I looked at our December calendar and saw how full it was. So naturally, instead of doing something halfway, we decided to make a goal to fill our calendar to the brink of overflowing and do something each day. It didn't have to be something big, or expensive, a simple walk to look at Christmas lights, a Christmas movie, making a Christmas treat, or participate in the other unique activities they have around the area.

I started Facebooking and Instagramming all the photos, but sometimes I just get tired of social media, and I fell off the bandwagon. But we kept taking photos for ourselves. I have a goal of making sure our lives are well documented before we have kids so that one day they can read about them and know that kind of things we liked to do.

Anyway, so here are some of the photos that we took through December 9. I may expound on some of these photos in other posts. I dunno...
December 1 - We went to see Twilight Breaking Dawn part 2.
We actually first tried to see Lincoln or Sky Fall but both of those theaters were too full. So this was our next choice. I have never read the books and didn't really know what to expect but LOVED it!
I thought that they did a really excellent job on it; such a happy ending!
December 2 - the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and Christmas Lights at Temple Square.
December 3 - We needed to stay home tonight, I needed sleep. So Mike popped in "Jingle All the Way." I slept through the whole thing and woke up when Mike told me it's over. I said, "No!! We need photos! Rewind it real quick!" Sadly, I wake up when the movie is over more often than not.
 December 4 - Applebees Steak & Shrimp. Dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow. Enough said.
December 5 - We went to Thanksgiving Point to watch them carve ice sculptures. I was kind of annoyed because it said it went from 6-9 so we went at 7 and it was pretty much all over. He had already carved the penguin and was just playing with a piece of scrap ice. But really Thanksgiving Point. If you are going to say something goes until 9 maybe enough ice that it really can go until 9 instead of ending at 7:30.
The 30 minutes we did watch were really neat. They ironed the ice to make it smooth, which I never would have thought that's something they would do. And the Flowers were three dimensional, which was pretty awesome. I think an ice sculpting class would be fun. I wonder if those are offered somewhere...
December 6 - We went to a company Christmas Party for a company that I used to work for. They held it at Boondocks and gave us all arcade tokens. We played lots of basketball, ski ball, racing games, combat games, air hockey, and a little punching game to see if Mike is stronger than all the other men - don't worry, he is. We then ate a yummy Christmas dinner and then watched 'Comedy Sports" a group from Provo. They were really funny and we laughed lots. It was nice to have excellent entertainment. Afterwards we played a white elephant game with gifts we had all brought - and then they drew for about 10 gifts. I won a Kindle Fire. :0D It was one of the smaller items but still, I was just thrilled to have won something!
 December 7 - We headed up to Aspen Grove to stay in one of their cabins for the Teagle Family Christmas Party. There were lots of games, yummy food, Elf the movie, and good fun all night long. It is a novelty to be married and be able to stay in the same room with Mike; it's one of my favorite parts of these getaways :0)
December 8 - Teagle Family Christmas Party Day 2 continues. We ate a larger than life breakfast, played more games, opened some gifts, went to lunch (questionable after such a huge breakfast) and then stopped at the Homestead Resort for a Sleigh Ride turned Wagon Ride due to lack of snow. :0)
December 9 - We made a Chocolate Cream Pie and drank Almond Punch around the Christmas Tree while watching Christmas shows. Totally relaxing and enjoyable evening.
Our fabulous Ward Christmas Party. It was an adult only party (which I will be sad about one day when we have kids - but this year - I loved it)! They had tables set up all over the gym and had three of the following tables:
- Fruit
-Vegetables
-Cheese balls
-Rolls
-Salad
-Main Dish
-Dessert
We spent 7 minutes at each table and then they had musical numbers by people in the ward. After the musical number was over, we switched tables. We were with different people each time and it didn't go in any particular order. We started with main dish then went to salad, cheese ball, fruit, dessert, roll etc. :) We have some awesome people in our ward and it was fun to get to meet them and talk to them in such a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.

That's all for now - off to be with Mike - I will come back and share more December Doings later :0)

1 comment:

The Crookstons said...

That is really cool!! You guys did such fun things!