Friday, June 15, 2012

DR: Day 3 (Part 2) ~ Sunset

After 27 Charcos we headed to the beach. It was close to dusk so the sun was about to set. I was sick and so I just laid on the beach and slept. Jen stayed with me while Mike, Stalin and Randy went on a walk along the water. When I woke up I was pleased (and surprised) to see that Mike had taken some photos.
The photo Mike took of me while laying on the beach being sick.
He was really excited to see the sunrise(s) and the sunset(s) in the DR. I think this night was perfect for him.
I woke up feeling a little better and was able to watch the sun go down and got a few pictures with him.
Here are his shots of the sun setting:
Stalin's family took off right before the sun set, but the rest of us stayed and played on the beach with the sunset in the background:
 A few more pictures of the beach
Afterwards we went back to the hotel and I fell asleep listening to Jen & Lily discuss the freezing cold water/shower in our room. LoL. The guys were lucky because the next day we found out all three of them were able to shower in hot water. Not sure why we got the unlucky room, but it was what it was. We still had a fantastic day/night in Puerto Plata.

No comments: