Saturday, April 7, 2012

Antelope Island


Can you believe we woke up to snow on April 6!? That's pure madness. Luckily for me, it was my Friday off - so I got to do something to enjoy it :0) I decided to go to Antelope Island since it is so close to where I live, and I made a goal to make more of an effort to enjoy the things around where I live.
Anndee was nice enough to come with me on her spring break so that we could enjoy some roommate together time ;0)
Despite the snow, it was a perfect spring day.

I don't think I have been to Antelope Island since I was a kid - well except the Salt Lake Century bike ride two years ago - but that hardly counts because I didn't really get to enjoy the area.
Before we had gotten to far in we spotted a herd of Antelopes. 
 I liked the way this Antelope looked at us like, "Uh-oh.. we've been caught." lol.
We saw a Coyote fairly close to where we were driving.
 It ran down towards the water.
Then we heard some whining - followed the noise, and noticed two other Coyotes playing and lounging in the water. Anndee and I both said that our favorite part of the day was hearing the Coyotes talk.

We passed a herd of Bison sunbathing in the snow.
And then we passed another herd of Bison, standing up grazing for food.
It was a beautiful day and so much fun seeing all the animals at Antelope Island.



It really is a beautiful place. I am excited to go there more often!

3 comments:

The Crookstons said...

Wow!!! That looks so pretty, your pictures are amazing!

KJ said...

Beautiful pics, I can't believe I grew up in Salt Lake and never went to Antelope Island ;(

Bug*Blake*London said...

Beautiful.. and so fun!!