Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Utah Arts Festival 2011

Mike and I went to the Utah Arts Festival. It was really fun. Like a glorified Summerfest, which I was sad to miss in Logan this year. Nonetheless, we got to see many of the same artists (i have seen them at Summerfest in past years) and experience a whole new event.

We went Saturday after my scuba diving certification final dive (woot!). We walked by the booths and looked at the art, watched a demonstration on how to make Prairie Glass, walked around some more looked at the unusual art, watched Wise Guys Comedians, walked around more looking arandom art, watched some short films and voted on our favorite and ended the night with a concert that Mike wanted to see: Fictionist. They were good and actually they are yet another band from Provo, Utah. I am impressed with all the bands that are coming forth from Provo. Here is an article from Rolling Stones on them talking about how they all met at BYU.

Anyway, I forgot my camera but here are some pictures from my phone - poor quality - sorry.
Mike & I

Mini Top Hats - I thought "Who would wear these?!" But don't worry, we saw some people wearing them around so obviously some people would.
Also, don't worry about the "No Photo" sign in the background. I didn't see that until just now.
DANGIT!

The Kids Art Garden Area

This was something called "Yarn Bombing." I should have taken more pictures of it. A group of women had knitted material over this car, onto the benches, around the parking meters and trees, and into the fences everything. Sometimes you could see a seam, but other times, they had done so well it was like - where's the seam?! Anyway, the car was completely covered with a knitted car cover - so crazy!

View of the Salt Lake City & County Building and Crescent Wall from the Amphitheater Stage entrance


Videos of Wise Guys Comedy (again sorry - taken with my cell phone - poor quality)


Fictionist






Mike watching the concert. He is soooo handsome.

I think that this is pretty self explanatory. If you know me... 40 hours a week...

1 comment:

becky rigby said...

"No Photos" haha, that's my girl. I've taught you well. Beautiful pictures. Looks like you've mastered the side smile. Well done grasshopper.