Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sara's Baby Shower

The other day at work we threw a shower for one of my dearest coworkers and friends. She is due with her little baby boy on June 16. They are waiting until they meet him to give him a name but I am sure it will be Gavin, so that's what I call him. The shower was a lot of hard work but completely awesome. It definitely would not have been as great if all my other co-workers wouldn't have chipped in to help.

We had incredible food:



Yummy cupcakes from Vintage Cupcake Factory:

Sara wanted one of these kinds ("Batter Than Anything"), which is why one is missing.


Awesome Games:





and lots of fun watching her open gifts:










and below: trying the clothes on the baby ;0)

The funniest moment came from Kim's gift.
She has always called Sara's baby "Georg" (pronounced 'Gay-Org') and then she says, "Fine, name him Jacob Edward or Edward Jacob." Because Sara is a Twilight fan. So she gives Sara this gift:
a bag addressed to George
Sara was clearly - not amused during the opening
and a Jacob Edward onsie
Then she tells her, "okay, okay. I have your real gift..." and proceeds to give it to her. It's a pretty great gift and I am glad the one video I made of the shower happened to be of that moment!
We had a blast and it was definitely a shower to remember :0)

No comments: