Tuesday, May 10, 2011

3 Weddings, A Funeral and A Birthday

Seriously.

Could my birthday weekend have been any crazier? Yes. I have learned life just doesn't give me a moment to stop and breathe. I guess except these moments that I blog. They feel pretty few and far between as it is. So I had a birthday (I turned 27), I had three weddings starting on my birthday (a Thursday) and two on Saturday. My great-grandma's brother passed away on my birthday and on top of that I had my 6 month dentist appointment and a doctor appointment. I had a few other activities going on but let's just say it was one of the busiest weeks - let alone 3 days of my life!

The first wedding was for my friend Morgan Rindlesbach. I met Morgan at USU after my mission. She lived in the house next door which was really just an extention of the house I lived in ;0). She is such a fun and outgoing person. She could get along with anyone and I remember just sitting at her house and talking with her about practically everything in the world. Morgan is an awesome song writer, singer and has serious artsy graphic design skills. She served her mission in Maryland (close to mine) and married Sam Rapp on my birthday at 12:20 PM in the Salt Lake Temple. I went to their sealing on my lunch but had to leave the temple before they actually walked out of the temple (yes, I was depressed). The sealing was awesome though and I am so excited for both of them. They are two wonderful people and they compliment each other so well!

Morgan and Sam had their reception at the Hardware building in Salt Lake. They made all of the decorations and it looks absolutely amazing! They did such a good job. I was very impressed. Morgan's wedding invitation company also did her wedding invites and they were so beautiful! Her wedding decorations were actually shown on the invitations which I absolutely loved. It was so creative and unique!

















The next wedding was for my cousin Kailey Reeder. I am so excited for her and Travis! They have been dating longer than I can remember. LoL. Okay, really not that long because I still remember when Kailey was just a little baby. But... I got to spend some time with Kailey and Travis when I lived in St. George. Their wedding was absolutely beautiful and perfect. My aunt Sherrie does all sorts of design stuff and has a true talent for it. She listened to all the little things Kailey would mention in passing that she liked and Sherrie put it all together to create one of the most beautiful receptions I have been to.









The dance they performed as they left :0)

Going through the line



Travis and Kailey's wedding and reception were both held at Lichfield Ponds it was beautiful and very secluded.








The next wedding was for my friend Jessica Nakai. I met Jessica at CEU back in 2002 and since we both liked basketball... we became fast friends. We served our missions at the same time - me in DC and her in NY so we wrote and have kept in touch ever since. Jessica is part Navajo and part Apache Native American Indian. Her wedding was held in Blanding, UT and followed the Native American traditions. Jessica married a great guy named Josh. When they were talking about what Josh would wear to the wedding the talked about a black cowboy hat. I really wanted it to happen because I really wanted a wedding between Cowboys and the Indians. LoL. The colors were turquoise and red so Josh wore a turquoise bolo tie. It turned out beautiful and I absolutely love the colors of turquoise and red together now thanks to them.

The pictures of her wedding in Blanding are from this blog since I was at Kailey's wedding.

Jessica kept me informed about what would be happening but it was fun to see the actual pictures and I can't wait to see more!
Here is her riding in on her horse:

Her siblings following behind in their traditional clothing:

The Medicine Man who performed their ceremony (loved that he wore their wedding colors):

The traditional ceremony was performed with fire, water, sand and corn meal and corn pollen - this picture is of the water portion where their wash one another's hands:

Receiving Blessings:

You should check out the blog to read more details about the ceremony. It was very interesting and neat. Here are pictures from the South Jordan reception:

Jessica and Josh:


I loved her nails!

And you've got to love younger siblings and the fun things they do ;0)






Table Centers:

Jessica and Josh are both rock climbers (one of their favorite things to go together) so at both of their receptions (one in Blanding and one in South Jordan) they had a cake. One side of it was a beautiful wedding cake and the other side of it was a rock wall with two people rock climbing their way up it. I am excited for them to begin their new life together!
Blanding Reception:


South Jordan Reception:




I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family members in my life. I am very happy for all of the couples and thankful for such a great week. It was fun to be surrounded by so many people that I know and love at each of the events. It was a truly fabulous but incredibly busy week!

1 comment:

West's said...

Hey! Kind of funny... I know your cousin Kailey. Pretty small world :)