Wednesday, October 6, 2010

180th SemiAnnual LDS General Conference





On Saturday October 2 I was able to attend the Saturday morning session of the 180th Semi-Annual LDS General Conference. I haven't been able to attend conference at the conference center for a few years and I completely forgot how AMAZING it was. Listening to it on the radio is fine, watching it on TV is good, but being there just adds a little somethin' somethin'.

This year was especially neat because Heavenly Father made it extra special for me. Haha. I always tell people, "Heavenly Father ALWAYS answers my prayers." I understand that sometimes it is not how I want but it seems like usually it is ;). When I was in the MTC I learned that one of the 12 apostles visits the MTC and speaks to the missionaries every Sunday. I REALLY wanted it to be Elder Ballard - my FAVORITE (if you can have favorites) apostle. I said, "I don't care who comes - as long as its Elder Ballard...." I kinda kept that prayer in my heart and well - you can guess - it was Elder Ballard who came and spoke to us and even opened the floor for us to ask him questions. It was really special. Saturday morning conference was no exception. I thought it would be really neat to see Sister Wixom the Primary General President speak. She was my mission mom for the last half of my mission and I had skipped out on the reunion the night before, so I told my sister how much I would enjoy hearing her speak and had hope that she might. I kept that hope in heart & thoughts and well... If you watched conference - you know she did! Another tender mercy.

This are some pics of me my MTC sisters and Sister Wixom the night before we flew home. (We stayed up late talking (hence the hair).)

Conference was AMAZING and all of the talks were SO GOOD.

I always feel very rejuvenated after conference and know that I can take on the world. Like it says in Isaiah 25:4

"For thou has been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall."

I know that life is crazy. I know that at times we deal with hard things and it's hard to keep maximum faith - but I know that if we don't doubt what we know and if we take the time to remember our Father in Heaven, He will do as Isaiah promises and he will provide a refuge from the storm and a shadow from the heat. He will give us the calm assurance that we need to go on, and the strength that it requires to pull through and move forward.

I am grateful to know the fullness of Christ's gospel and to understand the answers of life's deepest questions. I know that it is true only because I have read and prayed concerning the matter. It is calming to know that my family and I can be together beyond our life here on the Earth and to know that we are never alone and there is always Someone there that loves us.

If you didn't get the chance to watch or listen to conference you can visit lds.org and read a few. It's hard to pick out my favorites but you can start by reading Sister Wixom's and Elder Holland's.

2 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

You and your sisters are like... the hottest thing since sunburn.

Yay for conference! Jealous that you got to go!

Sydney Ann said...

JEN!! I am so jealous! I wanted to go to conference!!!