Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nobody Knew It...But I'm A Groupie

Ugh. I had no idea I would be classified as a groupie. What!? My mom and dad got tickets for the Kansas, Foreigner & Styx concert earlier this summer. I had never heard of any of them before and I had no idea what songs they sang. But I went and it was absolutely AMAZING!!!! So much fun! I always love seeing people perform and it's horrible that after watching people perform I become such a fanatic about their music. I love these bands now and something I really appreciated about them was that they played instruments in addition to their singing. Grantid this made it so they couldn't dance like *N SYNC but I guess you win some and you lose some.

Here are a plethora of pictures taken throughout the night.

KANSAS




FOREIGNER







Without a hesitation I will say that Foreigner was my favorite. Although my dad was a fan of Styx (kept on talking about his high school days lol - i loved it) and I hear more Kansas on the radio Foreigner was just AWESOME to watch. The lead singer was ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!! He was crazy and that is what i loved so much about Chris Kirkpatrick (sigh). Anyways at one point he climbed up the poles of the stage and SCREAMED!!!! On his way back down he just hung there for a while, still cheering, and then continued to run around the stage and sing like a mad man. It was pretty intense and fun.



STYX





Without a doubt the reason why I loved Styx is because the pianist was so amazing. He was playing the piano while it spun in circles and he played backwards and he sang while he played - it was pretty fun to watch him because he was always doing something.


Overall, the concert was amazing. It was fun to see my mom and dad and Austin and spend time with Mike. It was great music and great company. Can't wait until the next time I see old men in leather!

4 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

Old men in leather, eh? Nice. And.... I always figured you were the groupie type.... with your nsync love and all. haha!

HeatherAnn said...

It must be in the air. My husband just saw RUSH twice in 10 days. Here in SLC then drove to Vegas.

Ashley said...

I have no clue what those bands sing! Glad you had so much fun!

Julie and Nate said...

Oh the days!! Brings back memories for sure! :) I actually really like Kansas (but I've never heard of the other two-lol!)