Thursday, July 15, 2010

Highlights of Seattle

The drive to Seattle ended up being REALLY long. Next time I take a bike trip in another state - I am going to look into how much it costs to ship the bike while I fly.

I guess that the bonus of driving instead of flying is much like the benefit of biking state to state - you get to see a lot of really neat things that you would have otherwise missed.

Traveling from Utah to Washington I got to see Mt. Rainer and Mt. Adams, two volcanoes. We did get closer than this to them but these were my favorite pics:


I saw a lone of red cars as we got closer I noticed that they were all red Corvette's - all except two; one was blue and the lead car was yellow. It was fun seeing them all right in a row. They must have been part of some Corvette club because they were apparently traveling together and all took the same exit.

After we checked into the University Inn, our hotel, I took a walk around Seattle. This was a view of the city from close to where we were staying.

I went to 'The Cheesecake Factory' for dinner with Mike and his parents who were in Washington visiting his grandparents and with my mission roommate Carly Anderson and her husband Scott Taylor. It was really fun seeing everyone and getting some amazing pasta for dinner - next time I will totally try the ever popular Seattle fish & chips.


The night before the big race - heading back to the hotel.

I really loved Seattle and wish I had been there longer or that I had been able to do more things. I will definitely be going back to visit.

1 comment:

The Crookstons said...

Looks like a fun time, I really like you hair too!!