Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome Home

Within a week of being home on American soil these are the highlights of electronics greeting me:



laptop - broken
the little hole in the side of the computer where i normally plug in the charger to charge it is lose and doesn't work (i kinda figured this but paid $35 for a diagnosis) the part = $150



desktop - broken

motherboard, processor, and RAM all went out (bought it not even a week before going to Africa)



camera - broken

freezes, won't record video or delete pictures (had it for 3 months)



Portable hard-drive

Just doesn't work. Computers don't read it anymore (had it for 7 months)




Thank goodness I don't own a TV!

HURRAY FOR THE U.S.A. :^D

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Well the good news is since you've only had your camera for 3 months it should still be covered under warranty so they should fix it for free. :)

Lindsey said...

AUUUG. I am having the electronic plague too! We got a video camera that we opened TWICE and then the closing mechanism broke. The cost to fix=more than it is worth. I am so mad I could spit.

PS I heard a rumor that Iggy is coming to see you? This legit?

I'm glad you made it home safe. I really want to hear about your trip but it looks like I am going to have to call.