Monday, March 2, 2009

NEW YORK!!!!!!!

The family I used nanny for invited me out for Ben's Bar Mitzvah. I baby-sat Ben 4 years ago! I love him so much! I love the whole family! So there was no way that I was missing it! It was so good to see them! I nannied in 2004 and then went back again in 2005 and nannied over Ben's 9th birthday so it has been a while since I have seen the family and they have all grown up SO MUCH!!!! It was so fun to see them and it really made me realize that I shouldn't go so long in between seeing them. But I guess life gets busy right!?

So I flew out Wednesday morning and got to NY Wednesday night. I went with Mike who has never been to New York before so we did A TON of touring and sightseeing. Mike got a hotel in the Financial District of Manhattan and I was planning on staying with my friend Mikell who is a nanny 30 minutes out of the city. At the last minute staying at Mikell's fell through. ACK! I was going to visit some other friend's Sheena & Jason Larkin and they are SO NICE they said I could stay at their place which thank goodness was only like 1.5 miles from Mike's hotel... PERFECT!!!! It was SO MUCH FUN to see them! I totally forgot how great they are too until we saw them again. They are both so nice and so funny! They are one of those perfect couples that you love to be around! Since Mike & I had plans every night we were there plus Sheena & Jason were really busy the only time we actually got to "go out" with them was Wednesday night when we got there. We went out for some NY style pizza. It was so good and again... just so fun to catch up and talk. They are going to stay in NY because Jason has gotten a job with a firm there in the city - which is AMAZING given the economy and job market so kudos to Jason! That is HUGE!!!!!!!
Mike and I kept very busy so here are some things that we did:

Wednesday -
walk around Manhattan Financial District
dinner with Sheena & Jason
chill & watch "Top Chef" with them

Thursday -
Battery Park
Going inside the Statue of Liberty
Look at Ellis Island
Watch some AMAZING street dancers
Eat a hot dog on the street
Tour NBC Studio's
Dinner at Hard Rock Cafe
Phantom of the Opera on Broadway
Times Square at Night

Friday -
Tour of Rockefellar Square
Top of the Rock
Chinatown
Walk Central Park
Time Square in the day
Some amazing park I don't know the name of - but we LOVED it!
Bar Mitzvah Dinner
Walk the Brooklyn Bridge at Night

Saturday -
Ben's Bar Mitzvah
Bar Mitzvah Lunch
Picture's at house with family
Bar Mitzvah celebration dinner, dance, rock climbing PARTY!!!!!

Sunday -
Bar Mitzvah Brunch with family


I felt like we did alot in the time that we were there. We did some more little things but those were the main highlights.

This is inside the statue of liberty, looking up at how it was constructed.

On the NBC studio tour we were two of six people. At the end they ask for volunteers to be a anchor person and a weather person. Nobody else volunteered so Mike and I did both. I was the anchor person and Mike was the weather man. LOL. It was a fun experience.

Sheena & Jason suggested that we walk the Brooklyn Bridge at night. We did and it was BEAUTIFUL! Just looking at the city all lit up was incredible! Like all of NY, pictures just can't do it justice!

We got a tour of Rockafellar Square and went to the top of the Rock (the top of the Rockafellar Center) and we were actually the only two on the tour. It was really interesting and we both liked it alot! The view at the top of the rock was amazing although Mike kept telling me to not climb on the fence because it made him nervous. ;^)

7 comments:

Michael, Brandy, Sophie and Jaxton said...

Looks like you had a blast. The picture of you guys on the Brooklyn Bridge is so pretty.

Carly said...

You guys are so cute. I love your Adidas shoes with your skirt. That's pretty cute too :) We are going to New York sometime in the next year so I'm going to keep bugging you with details on what you did and where Mike stayed and everything!

Ashley said...

I am sad I didn't get to come in your suitcase! I am glad you had so much fun!

Garity said...

You did a lot for the time you were there! I'm tired just reading your "schedule!"

Julie said...

I am your mom's cousin. My two brothers have been in New Jersey the past week preparing for our uncles funeral there. It is too bad they did not know you were there so that they could meet you. Dawn is our mother's brother. You have a very exciting life.

Angie said...

OH how fun! your pictures are awesome. One day I'll go to NY - until then I'll live my traveling dreams vicariously through you. :)

Sheena Larkin said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time, it was so fun seeing you!