Sunday, September 21, 2008

the Wind Caves


Thursday night at like 2 AM my mission roommate flew in from Seattle, Washington and came to Logan to visit me. I was SO HAPPY that I had gotten my boot off on Tuesday and thought we should try to do something that I hadn't been able to do in a long time. So on my 4th day without the boot we went on a hike. To the Wind Caves. It is actually a really nice hike and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I loved all the changing colors of leaves. I felt like I could go up the hill forever and ever, it was so great. My ankle hurt a bit but not bad enough to stop. HOWEVER, the way down, that was another story. Man, it was like stinging. I did want to stop for a minute, I wouldn't have but I thought about it. Then I was like, "If I stop I will just be stuck on the mountain. I have to get down at some point!" LOL oh well. I was out and about and doing and there is no greater feeling in the world. It made me so grateful for all the things that we have to do in Logan. All the hiking trails, the mountains, places to fish & boat, bike & run & snow shoe and ski. Yeah. This is why I love Cache Valley. You really don't get that in many places. =^) Anyways Carly & I had lots of fun and afterwards we went to the hot tub and just lived it up! Next day.... SHOPPING!!!!
Oh ya... and this was dumb. We didn't think about taking water. We had gotten Jamba Juice's for lunch and it was supposed to quench the thirst on the hike... yea-right. Next time. I will remember. I've just been out of it for a while. ;^)



7 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

So I think congrats are in order for finally being free from the confines of the boot. Congrats! Is your leg all crazy skinny now? I love that! Ha ha! Way to go on the wind caves. The one time I hiked those, I thought I was going to drop dead on the way up. The way down ruled. So moral of my story is, I should have gone. You could have carried me up, and I could have carried you down. Keep that in mind for next time.

mkm said...

I think you both look beautiful. :)

Alisha LeBaron said...

wow! It looks like alot of fun! I want to go up and see the leaves changing. Looks like fun!

bergendi said...

I found you!!!!!

The Crookstons said...

WOW! I don't think I could make it to the top it has been so long since I went on a hike. I have been meaning to call you back, I have just been working late and had something to do everynight. SORRY

Lindsey said...

Ahhhh Carly! I still want to call her Sister Anderson! Looks like you guys had fun, and it looks beautiful in Cache Vally!

The Jones Family said...

So glad your foot is better! Looks so beautiful and fun!