Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ogden Christmas Village

Mike and I decided to visit the Ogden Christmas Village one night for a Christmas date :0) It's always fun to try to think of holiday-type things to do. It was really cold, but it was fun. I had never been to the Christmas Village before. It reminded me of the Cache Valley Pumpkin Walk where the city creates something and gives people the opportunity to get out, walk around, and enjoy other people's creativity. I know that the Cache Valley Pumpkin Walk changes every year but I am not sure if the scenes inside the buildings of the Christmas Village do. I guess I will have to wait until next year and fund out.
They had a train driving around the Christmas lights that kids were able to ride in. I thought it looked like so much fun and the kids really seemed to be enjoying it.
I loved the nativity that they displayed. Just because nativity's are one of my favorite things so I loved seeing them displayed. (For people that don't know me too well - I like to get a nativity from every country that I visit.)
Behind this truck there is a snack shack where people could roast marshmallows and chestnuts over an open fire. How awesome is that? What a great idea perfect for the season. We had just gotten our Carmel Apple Spice Cider from Starbucks, otherwise we probably would have tried it. Just for the experience :0)
I loved these two scenes in a couple of the buildings. In the one above the Grinch is in a jail cell trying to steal a Christmas tree and two police officers are there with some doughnut boxes.

In the one below I loved how Santa is looking at the nativity scene. A reminder of the true reason for Christmas.
It was a really fun date and I really enjoyed the Christmas Village and all the Christmas lights. I am glad that we were able to go and experience it. Next year, if you are ever in the Ogden area you should check it out!

No comments: