Monday, February 7, 2011

District of Columbia Day 2

We thought that we could walk a little over three miles in an hour... with flip-flops and backpacks while trying to maintain the "not-a-tourist" look. This is what happened after a little over 2 miles.
"TAXI!!!!!"

1st Stop - Burger King. That didn't really warrant any pictures. It was just breakfast.
Next stop - The metro. Just want to point out that after speed walking as far as we did in the humidity... I already look like a tourist. That is the only reason why I am including this pic. Besides the sun in her eyes, Alli's hair always looks perfect.

The Spy Museum.
It really is as interesting as people say it is.


Lunch -

A man that I taught on my mission, Brother Lovitt, met up with us and had a whole agenda planned for our day. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING BROTHER LOVITT!
Mariann didn't know where to begin. She had never eaten a hamburger that was the size of her head before. (Her first time out of Utah...)

Touring the Capitol Building -

He didn't quite know what to do with his Tour Pass... lol. ;)
I had been through the Capitol Building before but I think it's fun to do over and over again. It's such beautiful architecture and the place just has so much history and significance.



We stopped at China Town and got ready for our night on the town.

Ending the night with Blues Alley Jazz Club -
We saw Eddie Daniels and his band, which was pretty amazing. I had never seen Jazz in real life but it sure was a treat. The musicians were so talented and so passionate. It was fun to watch them play because they were just so into the music.
The dinner was really yummy (and expensive). We had fabulous appetizers and although we were stuffed afterwards - the main course still came out. I had filet mignon.




I honestly don't think I can say if this guy ever opened his eyes during the entire performance. He was SO INTO the music!


I was so excited for the day to be over. It had been amazing but I was tired.

1 comment:

The Crookstons said...

That looks like a fun vacation!!