Friday, July 24, 2009

New Shoes!

Last year one of the things that really influenced me was seeing how many children there were in Africa with no shoes. I hated seeing their bare feet with sores from the bare ground. So after I came home last year I knew I wanted to get shoes to send back there. In the fall sandles went on sale for the winter. I bought as many as I was able to and hoped I'd be able to go back and get more. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to return to Africa but I knew I could send them if I didn't.
It was really neat not only be able to return this year but also incredible to take the shoes with me and put them on the bare feet of the children!


There was definitly NOT ENOUGH and that made me sad but I was happy that I got to help and give what I was able. The prophet, President Thomas S. Monson once said, "One never goes wrong by helping a child." I feel like even if I had taken only one pair and was able to give one pair to one child, I would have felt like I made a difference. There is just something about helping children that clenches your heart.





6-16

6 comments:

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

Oh, you are such a great, giving person! I am so glad that Carlie got to go on this trip with you--she seemed to love it!

Jenn said...

That's wonderful! I am sure they were so grateful to you. What a great opportunity for you.

Mandy said...

Jen, you are amazing!

Lorna said...

Jen, I am so proud of you. I can only imagine in my heart and mind how please our Heavenly Father is with all you do to serve His children, not only in Africa, but everywhere you are. I love you so much! What an amazing example you are!

Sherry said...

You are truly amazing. I just wish that you would have told me what you were doing. I would have loved to help you out in your endeavor, by giving you some money to buy some more shoes for those children. Please tell me next time.

Carly said...

jen- you are awesome! i loved these pictures. way to change the world, one pair of shoes at a time :)