Friday, July 10, 2009

Belgium meets Utah in Ireland

This morning I woke up pretty early again. I went down to breakfast since Cal & Carlie were still sleeping. I was standing at the toaster making some toast and a boy came up next to me. I offered him to take my toast that popped out and that I didn't mind waiting longer since I wouldn't be leaving anywhere for a while. He accepted and seemed pretty happy. I asked him where he was from: Belgium. He asked me where I am from: America.

Where about?
Utah.
Oh there are many Mormons there right?
Yep.
Are you one of them?
Yep, I am one of them (said with lots of smiles and excitement)
He stood there for a minute all excited and happy like, "Wow, I always wanted to meet one of you."
One of us?...
"Ya a Mormon."
...

It was quite the morning. I'm glad i made someone's dreams come true... meeting a Mormon. Haha. Ireland is great, I can't wait to upload pictures and stories when I get home!

4 comments:

becky rigby said...

Jen, you can make my dreams come true if you just come home already! =) I miss you.

Sherry said...

That was a great opportunity. Did you have the chance to do some missionary work, or wasn't he interested? I agree with Becky - you need to hurry home, Mike is miserable without you.

Garity said...

Too funny!

Lorna said...

That is amazing! You are just the perfect Mormon to meet, too. A great example of Jesus Christ. He is very lucky!