Friday, May 1, 2009

Official Announcement

I am announcing my graduation. Officially. From Utah State University. YAY!!!!! I have finally reached the point where I have a Bachelor's Degree. I am graduating with a Bachelor of Science Degree in English with an emphasis in Professional & Technical Writing. The degree entails document type writing (grants, proposals, instructions sets, etc.), editing, design, website creation, etc. So not the typical English teaching major everyone thinks of when I say that I am an English major. We focus on computers and design just as much if not more than on writing & grammar.

I haven't wanted to walk for graduation but Alisha & my mom (and Marci Monson) have all encouraged me to do so saying that it is a great way to commemorate the end. So I will be walking. Since I just decided to walk there are no announcements or anything going out (hence the official announcement post). I just called and learned what I need to do and the following schedule is why I wasn't going to walk:

8:30 I line up on the quad
9:00 Graduates walk to the spectrum
9:30 USU Graduation Ceremony begins
11:30 line up in spectrum for HASS graduation
12:00 HASS Graduation Ceremony begins

Wish me luck and pray I don't trip! Wa-hoo! I'm so outta here!

8 comments:

clintandmegtucker said...

Hi Jen! Remember me from CEU? Its Megan Tucker. I found your blog through Bart & Ashlees, hope you don't mind me looking! Congrats on your graduation. It was great to see you and see what you have been up too! Check us out www.clintandmegtucker.blogspot.com

Mike said...

baby, I think you are crazy to be up at 8:00 in the morning just to spend so much time wasting away for the commencement. Boring. But if it will make everyone else happy, you should do it. Love you tons, and I think it would be funny to see you trip. Just kidding.

Alisha LeBaron said...

Congrats Jen! Don't worry we will be there to watch just in case you do trip, and don't worry I will take lots of pictures so you can blog about it!

Lindsey said...

Good job!!! That is awesome. Your degree sounds interesting. I am kind of laughing because I am cleaning out old mission stuff and found a letter you wrote. There are lots of exclamation points. :) There is no doubt you are an enthusiastic writer.
Also Happy Birthday! That a sweet idea to remember you parents on your birthday.

Ashley said...

Congrats girl! We are so excited for you! I am glad your walking...you won't get to go back and do it again, if you change your mind later. So it's good you are doing it!

mkm said...

Yay me for encouraging you! It really is a worthwhile experience and makes everything seem so much more official. I'm glad you're doing it. And I wore rain boots and didn't trip so you should be fine.
Also, be glad that you're not doing it in several feet of snow (although I didn't have to do HASS graduation and USU graduation).

Garity said...

Mega Mega Mega congrats! I love the sound of your degree...I had no idea there was a BS in English! You also know I'm handing out the congrats since you are graduating from USU and not BYUtahrd (shhhh, don't tell Kris I said that). Go Big Blue!

I didn't walk either. I didn't want to because I was pregnant with #3 and we were in VA when I graduated from Metro State in Colorado (LOVE online courses!). Looking back I wish I had been able to walk so I think you are going to be happy down the road that you walked even if it starts at (GAH!) 8:30am.

I'll be looking forward to your post about it!

Norman said...

Congrats!!! What an accomplishment!!! The whole tripping thing must be a Reeder thing because I am tripping all the time with Luke in my arms thank goodness he has never been hurt I come out with scraps and bruises all the time;)