Thursday, January 15, 2009

Red Square, Moscow Russia

This is what I have decided to do instead of work today. LOL. No good. But I decided to write a little bit about Russia. The first place that we went to well the first day was Sunday, so we went to church but the following day we went to Red Square. It was AMAZING!!! I love it! Here is a little about it from Wikipedia:

"Red Square is the most famous city square in Moscow, and arguably one of the most famous in the world. The square separates the Kremlin, the former royal citadel and currently the official residence of the President of Russia, from a historic merchant quarter known as Kitay-gorod. As major streets of Moscow radiate from here in all directions, being promoted to major highways outside the city, the Red Square is often considered the central square of Moscow and of all Russia."

Here is a little of what we saw there:The State Historical Museum.St. Basil's Cathedral. It was beautiful inside. Floor to entire ceiling and back down was hand painted so ornately. I can't imagine the time it took them to do it. It was incredible and every hallway and room was different, unique, and just amazing.The mall on Red Square.The church of the trinity in Nikitniki: The view of buildings of the square walking into the mall:
It was so fun to learn about the history of Russia while I was there. I have never been much of a history buff but it was so facinating. There is definitely something to say about being somewhere sparking interest to learn about it! There will be more to come, as for now, I better go back to work!

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow! Looking at the pictures made me cold. All of my memories of Russia make me cold. :) BUT WAY COOL! You really do need to write more. LIKE HOW IS MY IGGY!!!!
I was really sad I didn't get stuff to you, or get to see you. We got to Utah later than planned and then Noelle was sick...then we went to Vegas (against my will) Anyway, I really want to hear more.

Carly said...

Those pictures are amazing! I am reading Anna Karenina right now and think of you whenever I read it. (The story takes place in Russia)

The Crookstons said...

It looks cold there, but it also looks like you ahd a ton of fun!! Glad that you went and can't wiat for girls night to hear all about it.

Tina said...

I can't believe you just decided one day to go to Russia!! It looks like you had a good time. Amazing photos....looks like a little storybook!

Alyson said...

It looks like you had an amazing trip! What fun!

Mandy said...

I'm pretty jealous. I wish I could just hop on a plane to Russia. Maybe someday...

becky rigby said...

Wowsers! I love these pictures. I want to talk to you about your trip. The next trip we go on will be together!! :)

Michael, Brandy, Sophie and Jaxton said...

Those pictures are so Neat! I bet you had tons of fun. Who did you go with?

Angie said...

You are such an adventurist! I love it. What amazing buildings they have there. I can't wait to see all of your pictures and hear all of your stories.

Anonymous said...

It looks so beautiful! You are quite the world traveler!

srmedley said...

I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about your time in Russia! It looks very cold but very beautiful!

Garity said...

I can't believe this! What amazing pictures! So how 'bout a spontaneous trip to Mexico next? I'll even be your personal tour guide!