Saturday, March 22, 2014

Oahu, Hawaii: Parasailing


I really wanted to try parasailing. Just once to see what it was all about.

I tried to convince Mike to go with me, but he isn't a fan of heights so I went with his dad. We went with a fairly small group of us - 6 in total - 3 couples. We were the first ones to go. I really wasn't sure what to expect and they didn't give tons of instruction. Just, "Slide your legs through these holes. Now sit here." And off we went.
Our ride was for 5 minutes and our line was 500 feet. I think that if I were to do it again, I would go to the max line/height allowed. When we came back everyone asked, "How was it!?" I said, "It really wasn't what I expected. I don't know what I expected, but it was more than that. There wasn't an adrenaline rush. Basically you sit on the back of the boat, the boat takes off and they extend the line until you are sitting in the air at the designated height. Then after your time has elapsed, the begin to retract the rope, dip you in the water, and you end up sitting on the boat where you started. It't definitely not like sky diving or bungee jumping where you have to be brave and take that first initial step. (That first initial step is what gets the adrenaline pumping.)" I think it was just more smooth than I anticipated I guess. No bumps, no landing in the water, just sit to take off, sit in the air, and sit back on the boat.
(Getting dipped into the water:)
It probably sounds like I would never do it again, and of course, I would. But I would definitely want to go higher to make it more worth it. Otherwise, it's not really worth the money to me. I do think that it would be the perfect amount of adrenaline rush for someone who is afraid of heights though. I really hope that if I do go again, that Mike will go with me ... <3
It's always nice to be on a boat in the water. The ocean and the shoreline are so picturesque.
It was fun. I am glad that I went and experienced it for myself. :)

No comments: