Monday, May 7, 2012

Salt Lake City Bike Tour 2012

This year Austin and Alli decided to ride the Salt Lake City Bike Tour with me. It's a nice course, just 25 miles, and ran from the University of Utah down to the Energy Solutions Area. I love organized bike rides because it's the one time that you can ride on the streets and not worry about stop lights, stop signs, and traffic. I have done this ride a few times before and I forget how much I enjoy it simply because Salt Lake is a beautiful place. The quaint neighborhoods we ride through, the historical buildings we pass, and the folks that wake up early to sit in front of their houses and cheer us on. It's a blast and I absolutely love this event.

 Waiting at the starting line (Legacy Bridge). There were lots of cyclists there to ride with us!






These two are amazing cyclists and so great for doing the ride with me. They know that I get grumpy at 5:00 AM, yet they still agreed to it. How blessed am I to have such great siblings :)

2 comments:

The Crookstons said...

That's awesome Jen, way to go!!

Bug*Blake*London said...

Oh my heck! I have always wanted to get into biking and do bike races. How fun!!