Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ogden, UT

The Lord works in mysterious ways. I do believe that we all have opportunities and God helps guide us to where we are supposed to be at the time we are supposed to be there. We still make our own choices, but prayers are heard.

One particularly bad day at work, one of my girls was trying to stab another one with a pen; after three failed attempts due to me standing in the middle and blocking her from the other, I called “security” to come get her and she left screaming, “I am going to kill you Jennifer! I am going to kill you and then I am going to kill her!” Whatever small amount of good feelings resided in those rooms was gone. It was a dark feeling of emptiness and a somewhat evil feeling. I thought, “When does my health become more important than an income?” I was seriously worried about going to work the next day because stabbings were a somewhat common occurrence and pens can go deeper than I would have imagined before starting this job.

I went home and applied for a job on Craigslist. Although my intentions were to apply for several I just get tired of applying for jobs and I only applied for one. The next day, Tuesday, the company contacted me and asked for a writing sample. Thursday they contacted me about it and I sent it off on my way to the airport, explaining to them that I would be out of the country until Tuesday evening. Tuesday I landed on American soil and I had a voicemail. The company was calling to set up an interview for Wednesday. I asked them if I could come in on Thursday and they said, “great.” After the interview I asked them when they were going to make the decision and they said they were already at the point of hiring when HR told them, “Wait! Don’t make your decision until you’ve met Jennifer.” (I love HR for that.)

Before I knew it, I was accepting a job offer to move back North, closer to home, and to work for TechMediaNetwork on their website TopTenREVIEWS.

I am so excited to be working in my actual field – Professional & Technical Writing – and thankful I have such wonderful friends Becky & Caleb who are generously letting my stay with them during my “homeless” stage. Hopefully I’ll find a place soon – I am excited to make this area my new home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen I'm way excited for you! I want to hear more about it! And I totally agree with you about the Lord working in mysterious ways. Sometimes it's just hard to wait them out. :)

Lindsey said...

Jen!!! Hey you globe trotter! I amazed at all that you do and am really happy for you and your new job.

HeatherAnn said...

Congratulations!
1. for being the recipient of a job offer
2. for being able to move closer to "home"
3. for being the recipient of such a great blessing

Ashley said...

Jenn, I am so happy for you! I hope this job works out great for you! MISS YOU!

becky rigby said...

Jen you are the best thing that has ever happend to Top 10 Reviews! (don't tell my cousins) =) We are the lucky ones to get to have you with us. It's like a party ever night. I've told so many people how lucky I am to have my husband and my best friend living with me. I'm sad our fun times are ending, we'll still get together tons.

Amy said...

Jen, congratulations! Good luck with the new job!

MacElwee Family said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like the last place was not the most amazing environment. It has been forever since we have seen you. Next time you come to logan for a visit, call or swing over and we will all hang out