Thursday, November 19, 2009

Flavia & Samuel



Nakajja Flavia, 12 years old and Samuel, 11 years old have been at Byana Mary Hill Primary School and Orphanage since 2004. They were brought to the orphanage by their mother. Their father passed away in 2000, they are two of seven children, now all orphans. These two are the youngest and are blessed to still keep in touch with their siblings (where many kids in Africa are not able to).
Flavia wants to be a nurse and Samuel wants to be a doctor. After classes and studies they enjoy playing netball and football.

2 comments:

Heather K. said...

These are all amazing! I can see why all of these children are close to your heart. It's sad seeing what little they have and yet they still look happy. Really does make me more grateful for the things I do have and wish I remembered those things more often.

Ashlee said...

Jenn, I just read through your recent posts about Africa! I don't know what to say but, I'm touched! I think you are amazing. You are following your dreams and helping others so much! I was happy to see you today at Maddox, we had sick kids and needed to hurry, but I wish we could have talked! I'll visit with you at Christmas!!!