Thursday, August 20, 2009

Africa to Me

If you can, double click on the pictures and get a feel of Africa.

Poverty: If you look close at the doll this little girl is holding it is an old plastic doll head stuck onto a stick.


Care: I can't tell you how many kids I see each day with bird poop dried on their heads. (Meaning it has been there for long enough.)


Joy: We were driving down the road one day and this is what we passed. I zoomed in my camera and aimed from out of the van. It is one of my favorite shots of Africa. The children are my life. I wish everyone could have seen them in real life. The boy in tan shorts, his left short leg actually has no seam and is open up to his crotch. Both girls are carrying babies. The boy in black shorts, his shorts were unraveled at the waist and only held on by an inch at the button in front and an inch in back. They don't seem to care... only happy to have something to wearLove:If you knew these 3 sisters... you would feel the love too.

5 comments:

Alisha LeBaron said...

You really shouldn't post pictures like that because it just makes me cry!

Mandy said...

I second that, it makes me cry but thank you for sharing! It's good to know what else is out there.

Carly said...

oh jen, these pictures are priceless.

becky rigby said...

Jen, you are amazing. I'm glad you shared these pictures. It makes me happy that you are here to help everyone. =)

HeatherAnn said...

These children are priceless! I love what you have captured in these photos.