Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Year's in Moscow

Sorry that I am so slow at posting --- things are crazy as always with school and work and life in general lol. But I will be having lots of posts coming up if I can stay on top of it all. So... To Celebrate the New Year in Moscow, this is how we began!
*************************************************************************************
Sister Tatiana Ignatova and me. (A companion from my mission - from Omsk, Russia)

The next few pictures are from a Exhibition Center we went spent most of the day at! There were tons of amazing buildings and exhibitions that we went to! I loved it! The pictures don't really do them justice, like everything - they were just so neat!



We went to a museum where you got to try on clothes from different parts of Russia throughout different times in history. LOL. That was lots of fun! :^D





We also went to a shark exhibition which was neat. I liked this fish below.



This was a dinosaur exhibition - I loved how they spelled Dinosaur. Without actually being able to read Russian, I knew what it said.



We saw a few more things before going to celebrate the New Year. We spent New Year's Eve with a few of Tonya's friends from church. It was a small gathering but it was lots of fun. Thankfully a lot of them spoke English. In Russia they all eat Mandarin Oranges for New Year's... I guess it's a big thing. It surely looked like it from the people going crazy at the grocery store. HAPPY 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh happy day! I am SOOO excited you posted these. First, you look cute in your pink coat. Second, you went to some way fun places. THIRD, OH HOW I LOVE THAT IGGY!!! I am so jealous. (She looks super cute) HEY IGGY if you read this...you are super cute! I love you both!!!

The Kippen House said...

What fun! I can't wait to see more!!! It's good to be busy, but it's sure nice to be able to take a break for New Years, eh?! Hope to see you soon!

The Crookstons said...

I don't remember the picture with the fish. It is a way cool one. Can you do a girls night next week?

Sydney Ann said...

Jen! Your pictures are so cute! You look very cute in all of them! You are such the awesome little traveler! I am jealous! haha