Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Duchesne and Uintah County

Mike and I hadn't been to his parent's house since Thanksgiving! So, Mike decided that St. Patrick's Day was the perfect weekend to go. It always feels like the drive is going to be so long - but it isn't ever too bad (I sleep while Mike drives). We had a lot of fun visiting, playing games, and eating good food (we fried up the clams that we dug up in Washington - yummy)!
We went out to Kelsey & Sherry's favorite Mexican Restaurant: Don Pedro's and got a lot of yummy food. Mike and I shared a combination plate (Burrito, Chimichanga, Chalupa) it was a lot of food and sadly,  we left the Chimichanga completely untouched.
(isn't Mike so handsome!?)
(lol - caught Sherry mid sentence...)
I had never been to the Vernal Temple before so we were able to visit which I loved.

It was actually the Uintah Stake Tabernacle built in 1907, and was remodeled and
dedicated as a temple in 1997.
It was very unique and I absolutely loved visiting it.
I love Roosevelt's Main Street. It looked so classic. 
Mmmmmm. You have to look at this photo big and check out the colors on the sign for 
"The Alley Boutique" (far left of the pic) - I love it!!!!!
We drove past this man in a field, 
 and then Mike told me he's a metal cut out. Really, I think you have to look close to realize it,
but when you are driving by, he totally looks real!
On the drive home we hit a snow storm. No fun, especially since we have been having so much warm weather later, but I guess if nothing else, it made the mountains and the trees especially pretty that day.
As always, it was a great trip. It was a whirlwind of a weekend, felt very short, but was lots of fun!

3 comments:

The Crookstons said...

What an awesome weekend!! I am glad that you got to go visit family!

Chelsey said...

Looks fun! I love small towns with streets like the one you took a picture of. We go to Montana every year at our mother in law's parent's cabin and they have a street like that in the middle of nowhere.

Heather K. said...

Very cool! The streets do look fun! Very "where everyone knows your name" type of place it looks like!

I don't think I have ever seen the Vernal Temple in pictures. I didn't know it was red brick. It is very unique compared to the other temples!